Heidi and Allen Roberts award Simon Mnisi
Our US Friends of the HESC arrive at long last!
Saturday 03 March saw the much-anticipated arrival of Heidi and Allen Roberts at the HESC. They are very much part of the family here, so it is understandable how their presence evokes much excitement among the ranks.
Never a quiet moment for these energetic supporters! After arriving from Singita Pamushana on Saturday 3rd March, they dove headfirst into a very busy day on Sunday.
- They met with other indefatiguable sponsors, Heather and Jimmy Giannoccaro.
- They hosted a Certificate & Report ceremony for Simon Mnisi. Thanks to the Roberts, Simon was put through a year’s internship at the HESC in order to qualify for enrollment for his Fugasa ranger certification.
- They attended a presentation by Cilna who conducts art classes at HESC in the Lente Roode Educational Centre for children from The Paulos Ngobeni Primary School.
- The paid a visit to the Paulos Ngobeni Primary School to share in the ceremony of the handover of books donated by the Giannoccaros.
- The day drew to a close with dinner hosted by Mrs. Roode at her home, and included other really valued guests â€“ pilots from the Hoedspruit air force base (who worked so tirelessly and selflessly during the recent floods), and Heather and Jimmy Giannoccaro.
Click here to view our Facebook Album of their visit.
The Roberts will also have a chance to view, first hand, the mechanics of the Lure Machine before their departure on 06 March.. More about that one later.
Thank you Heidi and Allen, from all of us at the HESC (and the humans too!)