Our guides have noticed something on our tours – our guest take a lot of selfies. We’re curious to see how they turn out, so we’ve put together a plan where you can showcase your selfies on our social media! We’re on a hunt to find the best selfie taken at our Centre, which showcases the HESCperience that we have to offer visitors.
Without further ado, we introduce our HESCperience selfie competition! Each month, our team will pick our favourite selfie. The selfie of the month winner will receive a HESC cap. At the end of 12 months, we will allow YOU to choose our Selfie of the Year winner.
The prize – the opportunity to name one of our cheetahs! The HESCsperience selfie of the year winner will also receive a HESC jacket.
So what are you waiting for?
Start submitting your HESCperience selfie from 1 September 2014. Monthly winners will be announced at the end of each month, and the grand winner will be announced after September 2015!
How to do it?
Step 1: Arrive at the Hoedpsruit Endangered Species Centre – we are located on the R40 between Hoedspruit and Klaserie
Step 2: Take a selfie while enjoying your HESCperience! This can include anything – from a cheetah, wild dog, tour guide, vehicle, your curio purchase, your delicious Deli food – ANYTHING!
Step 3: upload your selfie onto social media – Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
Step 4: Make sure that we see it!
Facebook: post directly onto our wall or tag us @Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre!
Twitter and instagram: mention us @cheetahcentre
Step 5: Don’t forget to add #HESCPECIENCE and #Selfie
- The selfie competition will run from September 2014 to September 2015
- The selfie can be taken anywhere around the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre premisses. This includes during tours, game drives, walking tours, deli, curio shop, education centre, etc.
- Selfies are strictly not permitted to be taken anywhere in or around clearly marked restricted areas.
- The selfie must be taken:
- By yourself or someone in the group if a group selfie is taken
- Only in the vehicle during tours or game drive
- During game drive selfies are allowed to be taken during the stop for sundowner.