The Wildlife Conservation Experience (WCE) is a hands-on 3 week intensive course for animal lovers and nature enthusiasts. Participants have the opportunity to experience, first hand, the work we do at HESC every day.
The course is designed specifically for people wanting to learn all there is to know about wildlife conservation (specifically South African wildlife), and for those who want to work with animals in a simulated natural environment.
What you can expect on the programme:
- You will be involved in the everyday care of the many animal species at the centre, including cheetah, rhino, Ground hornbill, African wild dog to name just a few.
- You may observe veterinary procedures, including darting and capturing for operations, blood sampling or translocation of animals, as well as assisting with post-mortems, where necessary.
- You’ll be actively involved in the food preparation and feeding of resident animals.
- You will be involved in programmes relating to local rural communities.
- You will enjoy lectures on conservation, animal identification, plants and ecology, astronomy, survival, fire arm handling and safety, and more. These may spark an interest in you for a future career in wildlife and conservation. All lectures are followed by practical exercise to re-inforce theories in application.
- You’ll enjoy some of the many sights of the Greater Kruger area, and will get the opportunity to visit the reptile park, Kruger National Park and go on game drives on the Kapama Game Reserve.
Go on, book your space! You’ll be so glad you did. The most common feedback we hear is that it is life-affirming and changing in equal measure.
Contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in Conservation,
The HESC Team